Medical Loan ClosetThe Society for Disabilities operates one of the Valley’s largest durable medical loan closets to meet the growing needs of the community who are experiencing a temporary or permanent disability. We offer individuals with disabilities the opportunity to obtain the equipment they need at no cost. If medical insurance does not cover the equipment that an individual needs or is taking too long to provide that equipment, the Society for Disabilities wants to help. We serve all individuals with a temporary or permanent disability including, but not limited to, senior citizens, veterans, low-income, uninsured and underinsured. We lend out to all individuals suffering from any disabling condition including but limited to: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), multiple sclerosis, cancer, cerebral palsy, physically incapacitated or recovering from an injury or surgery. We loan durable medical equipment to individuals that live in Stanislaus County free of charge. If you live outside of Stanislaus County we charge a nominal “cash only” deposit that will be returned to you once you return the equipment. If you have a temporary need, you may borrow adaptive medical equipment if you are:
- Recovering from an injury or surgery;
- Waiting for insurance coverage approval;
- Not insured or underinsured;
- Helping a friend or relative accept the idea about using medical equipment to improve mobility and gain independence
- Determine what you need – including size, special features, etc.
- Speak with your medical provider(s) if you have questions on specific needs
- Call us at 209-524-3536 to inquire if we have the equipment you need in stock. If we do, please make an appointment to complete your registration and pick up medical equipment.
|3 in 1 Commodes||Electric Wheelchairs & Scooters*||Lift Chairs*||Walkers with seats|
|Adult Diapers (limited in sizes)||Glucose meters||Shower chairs||Wheelchairs*|
|Bath transfer benches||Hemi-Walkers*||Slide Boards|
|Blood Pressure monitors||Hospital Beds*||Toilet Risers|